Our California Attorneys Represent Hospitals in Negligence Defense
Protecting the interests of doctors, surgical staff and hospital facilities
The Ontario-based law firm of Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay is devoted solely to representing medical care providers in the Los Angeles area. Our hospital negligence defense lawyers have 150 years of combined experience in litigation and medical matters. We protect the interests of healthcare facilities and hospital professionals sued in civil courts and under review by the Medical Board of California.
Hospital negligence claims
Licensed healthcare centers may be held liable for injuries to patients in their care. There are two types of liability a hospital or other facility may face:
- Vicarious liability — The concept that employers can be held responsible for the actions of their employees who are acting in their job capacity — such as the actions of doctors, nurses, janitors, staff and administrative staff
- Direct liability — The employer’s directly negligent actions that cause injury to patients — for example, because of protocol or policy issues
Our attorneys thoroughly investigate your claim and strategize a solid medical malpractice defense.
Defense of hospital professionals
Claimants may try to hold hospital entities liable for the actions of the professionals who work for them in instances including the following:
- Physicians' negligence — Doctors may be held accountable for misdiagnoses, surgical mistakes, anesthesiology errors and breaches of doctor-patient confidentiality.
- Nurses’ mistakes — Nurses and physician assistants (PAs) are on the frontlines of care and can be held responsible for drug mix-ups, inappropriate response to emergencies and failure to assist with activities of daily living (ADL)
- Staff negligence — Staff may be responsible for failing to perform basic duties or for causing hazardous conditions, such as wet floors or broken railings.
- Administrative errors — Hospital administrators may make admittance errors and insurance mistakes that delay treatments.
Common hospital malpractice
The following are some common injuries and illnesses in the hospital setting:
- Permanent disability after surgery
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Emergency room delays in treatments
- Recovery room injuries
- Adverse reactions and side effects caused by pharmaceutical drugs
Typically, there is nobody to blame for these injuries. Our lawyers take steps to protect the hospital and the medical professionals who are employed or contracted by the facility.
Get the defense you deserve to protect your license, your practice and your financial well-being
For more information about strategizing a medical malpractice defense, call Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay at 909.476.2662 or contact our law firm online. From our office, conveniently located near the intersection of I-10 and I-15 and the Ontario International Airport, our legal team represents healthcare providers in Riverside and San Bernardino counties and throughout Southern California.