Ontario Attorneys with 150 Years of Combined Experience
Committed exclusively to representing healthcare providers in California
Healthcare providers should always be — and have the right to be — fully defended on the merits of a claim. That is why Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay is committed exclusively to advocating for medical professionals and insurance companies in the courts and in administrative proceedings. Our Ontario-based team of lawyers has a century and a half of combined experience in insurance and medical malpractice defense in the courts of Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. Applying this high level of experience and unyielding determination, we doggedly fight on your behalf — and we get results.
Meet our legal team
Our legal team comprises professional, knowledgeable lawyers who work together to provide you with a strong defense. Below is more information about our legal team:
- Jeffery W. Grass — Jeffery Grass started his 30-year career in the legal department of a large insurance company. He subsequently focused his practice exclusively on representing healthcare providers in malpractice lawsuits and administrative proceedings before the California Medical Board. Mr. Grass is a prolific author whose articles have been cited in a U.S. Supreme Court case and in various state Supreme Court rulings.
- Steven B. Goldstein — Steven Goldstein started practicing law more than 30 years ago with a focus on insurance law subrogation, followed by his concentration on defense representation in personal injury and medical malpractice litigation. Mr. Goldstein advocates for medical professionals during trials and in California Medical Board investigations. He is a contributing editor to the Attorneys’ Textbook of Medicine.
- Campbell Hodges Finlay — Campbell Hodges Finlay has dedicated more than 20 years of experience to medical malpractice defense. Because of his substantial experience defending healthcare providers, Mr. Campbell is regularly invited to speak on the topic at conferences.
- Jennifer R. Koerner — Jennifer Koerner has 15 years of experience representing insurance companies and medical professionals. She focuses solely on handling insurance-related matters and medical malpractice defense.
- Carol A. Hoehn — Carol Hoehn has devoted almost 20 years to medical malpractice defense. Ms. Hoehn is a premier California defense lawyer in cases involving dependent adult and elder abuse.
- John R. MacRill, III — John R. MacRill, III received his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy at the University of Southern California in 1994. Thereafter, he received Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law and was admitted to the California Bar in 1997. Mr. MacRill is also licensed to practice in the United States District Court, Central District of California. He is a member of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel and San Bernardino County Bar Association.
- Deanna M. Brown — Prior to joining Davis-Grass in 2019, Ms. Brown worked as an associate with the law firm Patterson, Ritner, Lockwood & Gartner, and later as a partner with Ritner & Brown where she gained trial and full file handling experience in the area of medical malpractice and medical board defense.
- Lisa A. Navarro — Immediately prior to joining Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay, Ms. Navarro was a senior attorney for Buley Law APC, a boutique firm in Newport Beach. Prior to Buley Law, APC, Ms. Navarro’s experience included her service as a litigation associate for Locke Lorde LLP (formerly Lord, Bissell & Brook), Barger & Wolen LLP, and as field counsel for Safeco Insurance Company
- Richard V. Zavala — Since joining the Davis Grass firm, Mr. Zavala has tried numerous cases to verdict. He has also defended physician and nurse clients against accusations filed by the California Medical Board and California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Evelin Duenas - Evelin Duenas is passionate about the law and knows that her time and experience as a paralegal will help her excel as an attorney.
San Diego Office
- Vincent J. Iuliano, Esq. - Vincent J. Iuliano, Esq. has aggressively represented the interests of medical providers, in multiple state and federal courts, in binding contractual arbitrations and in administrative hearings for almost 30 years. He also provides counsel and defense to medical entities regarding general negligence claims. He has written and lectured on various medical issues. Mr. Iuliano is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Gabriel M. Benrubi, Esq. - Gabriel M. Benrubi, Esq. has more than 30 years’ experience as a trial attorney and concentrates on the defense of health care providers in medical malpractice and products liability cases. He has been recognized by his peers and has for many years been actively involved with several organizations in the legal community. Mr. Benrubi is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Stephanie M. Wong, Esq. - Stephanie M. Wong, Esq. worked as an associate for two solo practitioners, gaining legal experience in personal injury and family law matters. Ms. Wong shifted her focus to medical malpractice defense because of her passion and connection to the healthcare field. Ms. Wong joined Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay in August 2020.
Learn more about how our medical malpractice lawyers can help you
For a solid medical malpractice defense, consult with the attorneys of Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay . Schedule an appointment by calling [ln::phone] or contacting us online. Our law office is conveniently located near the intersection of I-10 and I-15 and is a few minutes’ drive from the Ontario International Airport. Our medical negligence firm represents healthcare providers located throughout Southern California, including in the Riverside and San Bernardino County communities .
Reviews & Ratings
John is an excellent attorney.
I have had the good fortune to work with Mr MacRrill, and against him, in litigated cases and found him to be aggressive, but civil, and always reasonable in our interactions. He is deep experience in healthcare related litigation. In sum, ...