Ontario Attorneys with 150 Years of Combined Experience
Committed exclusively to representing healthcare providers in California
Healthcare providers should always be — and have the right to be — fully defended on the merits of a claim. That is why Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay is committed exclusively to advocating for medical professionals and insurance companies in the courts and in administrative proceedings. Our Ontario-based team of lawyers has a century and a half of combined experience in insurance and medical malpractice defense in the courts of Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. Applying this high level of experience and unyielding determination, we doggedly fight on your behalf — and we get results.
Meet our legal team
Our legal team comprises professional, knowledgeable lawyers who work together to provide you with a strong defense. Below is more information about our legal team:
- Jeffery W. Grass — Jeffery Grass started his 30-year career in the legal department of a large insurance company. He subsequently focused his practice exclusively on representing healthcare providers in malpractice lawsuits and administrative proceedings before the California Medical Board. Mr. Grass is a prolific author whose articles have been cited in a U.S. Supreme Court case and in various state Supreme Court rulings.
- James G. Davis — Previously senior trial attorney for a major law firm, James Davis has a reputation for providing an aggressive, effective defense for physicians, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare practitioners battling medical negligence claims. Mr. Davis brings almost 40 years of litigation experience to the negotiating table and into the courtroom.
- Steven B. Goldstein — Steven Goldstein started practicing law more than 30 years ago with a focus on insurance law subrogation, followed by his concentration on defense representation in personal injury and medical malpractice litigation. Mr. Goldstein advocates for medical professionals during trials and in California Medical Board investigations. He is a contributing editor to the Attorneys’ Textbook of Medicine.
- Campbell Hodges Finlay — Campbell Hodges Finlay has dedicated more than 20 years of experience to medical malpractice defense. Because of his substantial experience defending healthcare providers, Mr. Campbell is regularly invited to speak on the topic at conferences.
- Thomas A. Hoffman — Thomas Hoffman’s legal career spans 40 years in insurance defense litigation. As associate general counsel at a major insurance corporation, Mr. Hoffman supervised in-house corporate counsel and managed litigation involving bad faith actions, employment-related matters and corporate issues. Mr. Hoffman is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Jennifer R. Koerner — Jennifer Koerner has 15 years of experience representing insurance companies and medical professionals. She focuses solely on handling insurance-related matters and medical malpractice defense.
- Carol A. Hoehn — Carol Hoehn has devoted almost 20 years to medical malpractice defense. Ms. Hoehn is a premier California defense lawyer in cases involving dependent adult and elder abuse.
- Deanna M. Brown — Prior to joining Davis-Grass in 2019, Ms. Brown worked as an associate with the law firm Patterson, Ritner, Lockwood & Gartner, and later as a partner with Ritner & Brown where she gained trial and full file handling experience in the area of medical malpractice and medical board defense.
- Lisa A. Navarro — Immediately prior to joining Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay, Ms. Navarro was a senior attorney for Buley Law APC, a boutique firm in Newport Beach. Prior to Buley Law, APC, Ms. Navarro’s experience included her service as a litigation associate for Locke Lorde LLP (formerly Lord, Bissell & Brook), Barger & Wolen LLP, and as field counsel for Safeco Insurance Company
- Richard V. Zavala — Since joining the Davis Grass firm, Mr. Zavala has tried numerous cases to verdict. He has also defended physician and nurse clients against accusations filed by the California Medical Board and California Board of Registered Nursing.
San Diego Office
- Gabriel M. Benrubi, Esq. - Gabriel M. Benrubi, Esq. has more than 30 years’ experience as a trial attorney and concentrates on the defense of health care providers in medical malpractice and products liability cases. He has been recognized by his peers and has for many years been actively involved with several organizations in the legal community. Mr. Benrubi is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Vincent J. Iuliano, Esq. - Vincent J. Iuliano, Esq. has aggressively represented the interests of medical providers, in multiple state and federal courts, in binding contractual arbitrations and in administrative hearings for almost 30 years. He also provides counsel and defense to medical entities regarding general negligence claims. He has written and lectured on various medical issues. Mr. Iuliano is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- Bruce W. Boetter, Esq. - Bruce W. Boetter, Esq. After a 15 year career as an aerospace engineer, Bruce Boetter has spent the last 21 years representing medical professionals, health care facilities and insurance companies. His practice focuses on medical malpractice defense and assisting medical professionals involved in litigation.
- Carolyn B. McCormick, Esq. - Carolyn B. McCormick, Esq. has over 15 years of experience representing insurance companies and medical professionals. She focuses on medical malpractice defense.
- Stephanie M. Wong, Esq. - Stephanie M. Wong, Esq. worked as an associate for two solo practitioners, gaining legal experience in personal injury and family law matters. Ms. Wong shifted her focus to medical malpractice defense because of her passion and connection to the healthcare field. Ms. Wong joined Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay in August 2020.
Learn more about how our medical malpractice lawyers can help you
For a solid medical malpractice defense, consult with the attorneys of Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay . Schedule an appointment by calling [ln::phone] or contacting us online. Our law office is conveniently located near the intersection of I-10 and I-15 and is a few minutes’ drive from the Ontario International Airport. Our medical negligence firm represents healthcare providers located throughout Southern California, including in the Riverside and San Bernardino County communities .
Reviews & Ratings
Vince is definitely an AV worthy lawyer
I have known Mr. Iuliano (professionally only) for many years. He is an excellent advocate for his healthcare clients.
I have know Vince since 1992 and I find him to be an excellent attorney. He is very conscientious and caring about his clients and has high ethical standards. Would be happy to have him as my attorney!!!
Mr. Iuliano is the professionals professional. He knows the law, he knows his cases, and he will address both in a professional manner. As opposing counsel, you can discuss issues, and expect an honest exploration of the topics. All this ...
Mr. Iuliano is the professionals professional. He knows the law, he knows his cases, and he will address both in a professional manner. As opposing counsel, you can discuss issues, and expect an honest exploration of the topics. All this while vigourously defending his clients and finding every fact and defense to put forth their position. Mr Iuliano's litigation, law and motion and trial skills are at the very top of the profession.