California Medical Malpractice Defense Lawyers Who Represent Healthcare Providers Exclusively
A firm that handles medical negligence, insurance, employment and other matters unique to medical professionals
Individuals and companies involved in the medical industry face unique issues that require a singular perspective to resolve. The Ontario-based law firm of Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay focuses exclusively on matters that affect medical professionals, hospitals, insurance companies and other healthcare providers in the Los Angeles communities and throughout California. Our legal team has 150 years of combined experience in litigation and medical claims defense involving medical malpractice, insurance, employment law, Medical Board of California administrative actions, hospital committee matters, public entities and appeals.
Our practice areas
At Davis Grass, we represent all types of medical professionals and entities, including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, pediatricians, obstetricians, dentists, psychologists, hospitals, nursing homes and pharmaceutical companies in a wide range of issues:
- Medical malpractice defense — Medicine is a complicated field. Even if you do everything right, a patient can still fall ill, sustain injury or die. Patients who suffer complications and their families are often looking for answers. But allegations of medical negligence can put your reputation, your medical license and your financial well-being at risk. From the start, our attorneys strategize a hard-hitting medical malpractice defense that protects your rights. We handle such challenging cases as misdiagnoses, surgical errors, prescription errors and emergency room mistakes.
- Insurance defense — Insurance companies provide a valuable service to medical professionals and facilities. By insuring these healthcare providers, patients who truly do suffer harm can receive the care and treatments they need. However, many claims are not what they appear to be or are downright fraudulent. Our attorneys develop an effective insurance defense that protects the interests of your company against insufficient, false and fraudulent claims.
- Employment law — Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and doctors’ offices have many of the same labor concerns as other businesses — such as remaining in compliance with harassment, discrimination, leave, hours and wage laws. In addition, your organization encounters many issues that are typical only of the medical industry. Our attorneys guide you through employment law matters and help you resolve labor-related disputes pragmatically.
- Medical board administrative actions — The Medical Board of California licenses and disciplines medical doctors. The board is tasked with investigating and taking action in cases involving allegations of doctor negligence and license reviews. Our firm vigorously defends physicians in Medical Board of California administrative actions.
- Hospital committee matters — Hospitals have numerous committees — such as peer review committees, medical executive committees and credentialing committees — that make vital decisions that impact the hospital and the doctors who work there. Our lawyers can represent a committee against an aggrieved physician or vice versa, depending on the individual case, to resolve hospital committee matters.
- Public entities defense — Government tort liability dictates the rules of procedure in medical malpractice defense cases involving district hospitals. Familiarity with these special rules is essential to develop an effective public entities defense.
- Appeals — Our litigation team works hand in hand with our appellate division. Our appeals attorneys have vast, in-depth litigation experience focused on medical malpractice and insurance defense.
- Nursing Negligence/Elder Abuse — Nurses are on the frontlines of patient care. Whether in a hospital, doctor’s office or home setting, nurses are typically responsible for performing duties that put them in direct contact with patients throughout their treatment.
Choose our malpractice defense firm to handle your claim
For a strategic defense against medical malpractice claims, consult with Davis, Grass, Goldstein & Finlay . To schedule an appointment with our trial attorneys, call 909.476.2662 or contact us online. Our law office is conveniently located near the intersection of I-10 and I-15 and is just a few minutes’ drive from the Ontario International Airport. Our lawyers serve healthcare professionals and entities throughout Southern California, including Riverside and San Bernardino counties.